Thursday, May 6, 2010

More then Gardening



Getting my house ready to be sustainable, grow my own food, and create a mini farm in the city, is quickly becoming more maintenance then anything else. Fixing the water drainage problem is taking much of my time, considering I am doing all the work myself it is taking a very long time.

I am hoping to have this fixed by this weekend, so I can concentrate on getting all my planting zones ready, and get hope to get all my seedlings & seeds in the ground either by this weekend or the next at the latest! I did get the corn planted last night, so thats exciting, now if I can just keep the squirrels out there!!

It's coming together, slowly but surely!
More pictures coming soon!

2 comments:

Chaney Wiese said...

Try Cayenne pepper for the squirrles. Just sprinkle it on your seedlings, and reapply as needed. It wont effect the taste of your produce, and the squirrles don't care for it.

Gwen said...

I love your pictures and your stories, very fun and the pictures are awesome. Love you bunches.

Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails