Monday, October 24, 2011

A few weeks of fun

If its Punkin Chunkin time you know changes are in the air here in Colorado. The summer seems to be trying to hang on, which has been good for my cotton, but with snow in the forecast, it's time to get to work in the garden.
 Spent most of the weekend digging up all the dead stuff, planting bulbs for next season, turning over dirt, and basically doing general yard cleanup and storage for the winter. One little plant is hanging on, and it is so awesome! My Cotton finally began to bloom!!! I did not think it would make it, but for the last week its been exploding with wonderful cotton fibers.
I am so glad I decided to plant cotton, I learned so much this summer about this crazy plant. I am thinking about digging it up and bringing in the garage to see if I can get it to get bigger for next season ;), either way I think I will plant it again, I really enjoyed watching this plant to its thing. More musing coming as I gather all my garden booty, and my thoughts on my experimental year.
I ran away from home a few weekends ago, to the Black Bear Cabin to visit my best friend and my Goddaughter, it was so much fun. Relaxed, got to take Jordyn to school, meet her teachers, and see the school for the first time. It was so cute, she seems to really love school. One the way back Lisa drove me around to show me the small town and some of the view, which enabled me to get a couple of pictures of some fall colors.
It was really nice to take a drive and be able to look around at all the beautiful colors. On the way to school we saw this pretty cow that we all decided we wanted to just get out and hug. On Sunday we drove to town for Jordyns swim class, and I got to sit in the backseat with her, so naturally we goofed off most of the time, here is a shot of her being super cool in her glasses. We decided she and her glasses were much cooler then me, :). SO FUN!
When I returned home I picked the last of the garden booty and got to work, cutting and freezing what I could. I had such a great garden year, so many peppers finally! Its been years since I had pepper plants that did well. I had tons of basil so I was able to freeze a ton of pesto for the winter, but I still need to plant more next season. :)
After all of that fun, I relaxed at home, on a beautiful fall Colorado Sunday with my star wars pancakes and coffee. I kicked back, sat in my yard thinking of all the things I want to do next year, and how awesome my garden turned out this year.  I have so much to write about the garden this year, what worked and did not work, and many others things, that's gonna take a little more time than this post. Have a happy day! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails