Monday, March 19, 2012

A little winter trip


When you go out to play in the light and joy in your life, you have to watch out for winter ruts! I managed to trip up and fall right into one, luckily for me it wasn't to deep, and didn't take to long to dig my way out of. I also found some inspiration, and lessons in the rut, so it wasn't a total loss. Just how does one get out of a winter rut? The 70 degree days have been helping, but also spending an entire weekend cleaning, organizing, and a little up keep on the house is the first step.
The second is getting out and about! I am grateful to have family and friends that listen and help when needed. My friend Marsha got me out of the house for some Bulgarian line dancing, we did one workshop, then went out on a Saturday night to listen to live music and dance, it was so great! Third of course, for me, is to get my hands in the dirt!
When the snow melts I always find strange things in the yard. This ping pong ball with a skeleton face showed up last weekend, so weird. 
This time of year also brings the sunrise to the front of my house, as the sun shines through the cut beveled glass in my front door, it leaves rainbows and shiny bits all over the wall, once in a while it leaves this big reflection on the wall. I love it when it does, its so pretty, great way to start the day. 
I walked around the yard to see what all is coming up, found all the bulbs are up, bell flowers, horseradish, all the trees are budding, and I am not sure, but I think the cotton plant is trying to make a comeback as well! Garlic is trying somethings, asparagus is popping through the dirt, daisies are coming back as well as the Indian blankets!!!
I decided this year to plant my first outdoor spring garden. I planted lettuce, spinach, and green onions. so far nothing has come up, I am a little worried as I do not have the plastic I want to cover it, I have been using a blue tarp instead, but not sure that is getting it warm enough in the evenings. Wait see I guess!
I did plant some things inside in a grow tent that was lent to me by a friend, naturally the cat had to get in on the action! Things are already coming up, the new cotton plants, artichoke, onions are all up, so exciting! Each weekend I have more to plant, so I'll show a shot soon of everything that is coming up.
All of that was last weekend, which helped me to take more steps out of the winter funk! This  weekend I got so much done at home, planned out and mapped where I want my green house & shed to go, got some potatoes planted via a new method, and working in my 1960's vintage trailer....photos and details of all that coming up next week, also next week, I will reveal my funky new plant I am trying this season! !

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails