Saturday, April 28, 2012

Todays Beauty




 Things go frosty last week, here's a few photos of that chilly morning!

 I have a few weeks to catch up on, but here are some shots from the last few weeks,There was a  night of chilly temps last week, luckily the soda bottle tops (in that top picture you can see them) covered my seedlings wonderfully and I did not lose any of them. It was a frosty morning, even the tulips were chilled, but it was beautiful!
 I have some new lanterns to put outside of my new tent once I get it all set up in the yard, I love purple and since the tent is purple and yellow, these will do beautifully!
 Here is a shot of the potatoes growing in the trash can, it is working beautifully! They are growing so fast, I can't wait till the end of the season to flip this sucker over and see whats growing! 
 
These are the peas that are coming up outside, they are super happy! Its my first time growing an early spring garden, but I have many things coming up out there, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach, peas, and onion! Yay for a beautiful growing spring!
 
 The above photo is horseradish that made after digging it up in my yard last weekend. I have attempted to move the horseradish twice now and it keeps coming back, which I love, but its taking over the asparagus, so I had to dig again to try to get it all. Well, after digging a 14" deep hole, its clear to me that the horseradish is like a weed, and it will take me a very long time to get rid of it all. I moved the bigger plant to another spot in the garden, and that one will now be there forever, never again will I try to move it, and if you are thinking of planting it, make sure you put it where you want it on  the first planting! Not so fun during the 3 hour dig process, but totally worth it to have fresh homemade horseradish, beautiful I tell ya!
As always, the cat follows me all around the yard, and I love that!! Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails