Saturday, June 18, 2011

Down, but not out!!

I managed to get the nasty flu that has been going around, it was horrible, I can't recall the last time I felt that bad. It flattened me for about 10 days, and for about a week after that I had to take things really easy. I was finally able to get back in the yard to do some work, which not only was very needed, but helped me feel better by leaps and bounds! Something about good old hard work that makes the body and mind happy. I was weeding the garden, and saw something shiny out of the corner of my eye, it turned out to be a low hanging almost full moon. It was exactly what I needed! I sat in my chair, watching the moon slowly rise, feeling very thankful to be feeling better! Wanted to share a few photos I have taken of the last week to give a feel of things that are going on in the yard and garden. I have many more photos to share, but its been awhile since I blogged about anything going on, so I want to ease back into it. :)
My Mom pruned this rose bush back to nothing this spring, in the hopes of removing it and planting in another spot. Its so close to the house I wanted to move it where it will have room to grow, but it seems to be super happy and just fine right here. Its has grown over 3', and is blooming right up to the window. I noticed this one rose blooming even though it was cramped and growing right up underneath the windowsill, I tried to move out from under there, and the next day it was right back where it wanted to be, under the windowsill. As you know, often my garden and yard make me reflect on my life, this reminded that if we just be who we are, we will find what we need to bloom no matter where we are! Yay for roses!!

Things are starting to get moving in the pumpkin/melon patch, I am so happy, I thought these were going to die off for a little bit there, but they are coming back strong. I am hoping for the best over the next few months. It has been about 3 years since I had a decent pumpkin patch, and I just can't wait !!!My cherry tomatoes are also going strong, I love these so much! I have stolen a few of them here and there as I work in the garden, fresh tomatoes are my favorite thing in the garden! I love the smell of the plant, the taste, and just the super juicy freshness that comes from these bad boys!! The tomatilloes are about to be out of control as well, woohoo!
I had to bring some of the outside beauty inside, naturally, pink roses and sage flowers did the trick! My sage is out of control and about ready to harvest, another of my favorite plants in the garden, I love its purple flowers, big bushy leaves, and of course the smell! So wonderful not only for outside but for inside too, cooking and burning this plant as in incense fells like a little luxury :). I have always wanted to plant garlic, I mean there have been plenty of times I have found a little garlic bulb kinda growing inside the house, but this year I wanted to give it a try in the dirt! I am a little worried that I am going to get addicted and need to plant a whole bed of garlic now that I have one growing.....heeheee like thats a bad thing right. That about all the garden shots for now, I have more to post, the corn is growing, the asparagus, potatoes, all the peppers, and even the cotton is doing a little something :). More to follow for sure!

Here's another shot of that low hanging moon that captured me for a bit that night :)
As always, Sir Artemis followed me around and had to jump into a shot. I was all set up because it was dusk and not very light out, I was setting up to be very still for the shot, he just wandered on in to stretch it out a bit. I love that you can see the moon hanging in the background over the neighbors house :). I hope your all enjoying every minute, it's all going by so fast, slow down to love and take in the beauty of everyday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails